When general contractors bid on full building renovation projects, it has become increasingly common for them to include a window film installation company. There are several reasons for GCs including experienced window film installers companies on their project team. One of the best reasons is that if the double-pane windows ever become fogged, the film will mask that and help avoid expensive replacement costs. They include;
- Increasingly solar control and security films are being included in the renovation spec to protect windows from shattering and to improve the building’s energy efficiency.
- The types of window films have expanded and include a number of specialty films that are increasingly in demand. That includes decorative/privacy, smart, RF and anti-bird strike films.
- The GCs like to establish a working relationship with specific window film installation companies to relieve themselves of any concerns that the window film installation process won’t be properly executed.
- Work with other sub-contractors. This is critical as often the schedules of the various sub-contractor projects overlap and there needs to be a coordinated effort between the various groups.
- Handle difficult projects as well as being innovative in their installation process. Often in full build outs of large office buildings, the window film installation process can be complex. Special equipment such as scaffolding and power lifts often are needed. Not all window film installation companies have the ability to handle these complex aspects of a particular project..