The Chemistry Class 11 CBSE is reduced by 30%. Students can download the compressed and updated syllabus from here. The CBSE Chemistry Exams may be held in March 2021. The practical exams will also be conducted by CBSE affiliated institution for conceptual assessment. The result of CBSE class 11th chemistry exams will depend on student’s analytical, judgment, and evaluation skills.
Updated Chemistry Subject for Class XIth :
If you are interested in finding the core construction of any element or something around you then you should opt for the chemistry subject in class XI. This is one of the required subjects of the Science stream. The new modernized syllabus of CBSE class XI the Chemistry provides students to
- Get acquainted with the newly developed areas like industrial chemistry, biomolecules, natural resources, synthetic materials.
- Students also get familiar with units of physical measures floated by scientific bodies like IUPAC and CGPM and New formulations and classification of elements and compounds, symbols.
- Due to the Covid-19 crisis, many new updated topics have been removed for the 2021 examinations. Students should get the reduced syllabus is only for the 2021 march exams.
Chemistry Syllabus Scope:
The refined and regular Chemistry syllabus will be covered in NCERT Books. Students can download NCERT books in PDF format for the Class 11th Chemistry Syllabus from hither. Students who opted for Chemistry in class 11th will stay with the same subject in class XII also. Students who have an investment in chemistry subject can explore professional events after 12th exams in some of the following general areas:
- Space scientists,
- Chemical engineers
- Medical researcher
- Atomic Researchers
- Adulteration Inspector
CBSE Class XIth Chemistry Reduced Syllabus 2021
As we know Class XIth and XII syllabus for 2021 exams is decreased to 30%. Students can download the new updated and organized syllabus from Here.
VSI provides CBSE class XIth syllabus of Accounts, Economics, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English, and all the topics of arts, commerce, and science students. The reduction in the course will be applicable only for seasonal exams of 2021-2022. We are presenting the latest updates and decreased syllabus here for our readers.
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- General Introduction: Importance and field of Chemistry.
- Atomic and molecular masses, mole theory and molar mass, percentage composition, empirical and molecular method, chemical reactions, stoichiometry, and calculations based on stoichiometry.
- Deleted portion: Nature of matter, laws of chemical combination, Dalton’s nuclear theory: the concept of elements, atoms, and molecules.
- Structure of Atom:
- de Broglie’s relationship,
- Heisenberg uncertainty principle,
- Bohr’s model and its limitations,
- concept of orbitals,
- Pauli’s exclusion principle and Hund’s rule,
- quantum numbers, shapes of s, p, and d orbitals
- electronic configuration of atoms,
- stability of half-filled and completely filled orbitals
Deleted Topics: Discovery of Electron, Proton, and Neutron, atomic number, isotopes, and isobars. Thomson’s model and its limitations. Rutherford’s model and its limitations
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- periodic trends in properties of elements -atomic radii, inert gas radii, Ionization enthalpy, ionic radii, electron gain enthalpy, electronegativity, valency.
- modern periodic law and the present form of the periodic table,
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Valence electrons, ionic bond, covalent bond, bond parameters,
- valence bond theory, the geometry of covalent molecules,
- molecular orbital theory of homonuclear diatomic molecules
- Hydrogen bond.
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- ideal behaviour, empirical derivation of gas equation,
- Avogadro’s number, Deviation from ideal behavior
- ideal gas equation.
Deleted Portions: liquefaction of gases, kinetic energy and molecular speeds (elementary idea), critical temperature, Liquid State- vapour pressure, viscosity, and surface tension (qualitative idea only, no mathematical derivations)
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Concepts of System and types of systems work, surroundings, heat, energy, extensive and intensive properties.
- The first law of thermodynamics -internal energy and enthalpy, measurement of U and H, enthalpy of bond dissociation, combustion, Hess’s law of constant heat summation, formation, atomization, sublimation, phase transition, ionization, solution, and dilution.
- Third law of thermodynamics (brief introduction).
Deleted Topics: heat capacity and specific heat.
- Position of hydrogen in the periodic table,
- occurrence, isotopes,
- heavy water,
- hydrogen as a fuel
s -Block Elements
Deleted Topics: Preparation and Properties of Some Related Compounds: Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide and Sodium Hydrogen carbonate, Biological effect of Sodium and Potassium. Calcium Oxide and Calcium Carbonate and their industrial uses, the vital importance of Magnesium and Calcium.
- Some p -Block Elements
- General Introduction to p -Block Elements
- Group 13 Elements: General meeting, electronic configuration, occurrence, variation of parts, oxidation states, trends in chemical reactivity, anomalous features of a first element of the group,
- Boron – physical and chemical features,
- Group 14 Elements: General introduction, electronic configuration, variation of properties, occurrence, oxidation states, trends in chemical reactivity, anomalous behavior of first elements. Carbon-catenation, allotropic applications, physical and chemical properties;
- uses of some important compounds:
Deleted Topics: some important compounds: Borax, Boron Hydrides, Boric acid, Aluminium:
- Silicon Tetrachloride, Silicones, Silicates and Zeolites, their uses.
- Organic Chemistry: Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- General introduction,
- classification and IUPAC nomenclature of organic syntheses.
- Electronic displacements in a covalent attachment: inductive effect, electromeric effect, noise,, and hyperconjugation.
- Homolytic and heterolytic cleavage of a covalent bond: free radicals, carbocations, carbanions, electrophiles and nucleophiles, types of nuclear reactions.
- Deleted Topics: methods of cleaning, qualitative and quantitative analysis,
- Hydrocarbons Environmental Chemistry
- Classification of Hydrocarbons Aliphatic Hydrocarbons:
- Alkanes – Nomenclature, conformation (ethane only), physical properties, isomerism, chemical reactions
- Alkenes – Nomenclature, the structure of double bond (ethene), physical properties, methods of preparation, geometrical isomerism, chemical reactions: addition of hydrogen, halogen, water, hydrogen halides (Markovnikov’s addition and peroxide effect), ozonolysis, oxidation, mechanism of electrophilic addition.
- Alkynes – Nomenclature, the structure of triple bond (ethyne), physical properties, chemical reactions: acidic character of alkynes, addition reaction of – hydrogen, hydrogen halides and water.
- Aromatic Hydrocarbons: Introduction, IUPAC nomenclature, benzene: resonance, chemical properties, aromaticity
- mechanism of electrophilic substitution. Nitration, sulphonation, Friedel Crafts alkylation and acylation, directive influence of the the functional group in monosubstituted benzene.
- Carcinogenicity and toxicity.
- Deleted Portion: free radical mechanism of halogenation, combustion.
- Environmental Chemistry
- Deleted Portion: Environmental pollution – air, water, and soil pollution, chemical reactions in the atmosphere, major atmospheric pollutants, ozone, and its reactions, effects of depletion of the ozone layer, greenhouse effect, and global warming- pollution due to industrial wastes, green chemistry as an alternative tool for decreasing pollution, strategies for control of environmental pollution.
Reduced SYLLABUS of Chemistry Class 11 CBSE for Practicals.
Practical exams for Chemistry Class 11 CBSE is for 40 marks. Students need to cover
Volumetric Analysis, Salt Analysis, Content-Based Experiment, and complete Project Work to score for 36 marks . They also have to know VIVA for 4 marks
Program for practical Exams for chemistry
- Basic Laboratory Techniques
- Bending a glass tube
- Cutting glass tube and glass rod
- Drawing out a glass jet
- Boring a cork
- Characterization and Cleaning of Chemical Substances
- Determination of melting point of an important compound.
- Determination of boiling point of an important compound.
- Crystallization of mixed samples of any one of the following: Alum, Copper Sulphate, Benzoic Acid.
- Quantitative Estimation
- Using a mechanical balance/electric balance.
- Preparation of regular solution of Oxalic acid.
- Determination of concentration of a given solution of Sodium hydroxide by titrating it against a standard solution of Oxalic acid.
- Preparation of standard resolution of Sodium carbonate.
- Qualitative Analysis
- Detection of -Nitrogen, Sulphur, Chlorine in natural compounds.
- PROJECTS: Scientific studies involving laboratory testing and collecting information from other experts. A few suggested Projects
How to Study for Chemistry Class 11 CBSE Syllabus?
Once Students look at their CBSE chemistry syllabus for 2021 from here, they need to highlight the topics that need to be reached for the exams. We are attaching few points that can help you to complete the chemistry classes in time and also help to score some good marks in the exams.
- Make a timetable that can cover the complete updated syllabus
- Start making notes, and try to cover all the related knowledge like elements properties, chemical formula, reactions, and usage
- Try to remember all the synthetic formulas. The easy way to remember is either through storytelling ideas, or making a chart and reading them daily.
- Keep daily targets for study and also allot some time to solve sample papers.
Take Away of the blog:
This blog serves you with the latest and standardized syllabus for Chemistry Class 11 CBSE subjects. Students should go for the entire chemistry syllabus once and start making notes as recommended above. This will help students to finish the program on time and get some time for a thorough revision of the chapters that are appearing in the exams. Students should also focus on books prescribed by CBSE. According to CBSE prescribed works to cover Chemistry subjects are:
Students Also Asked:
- What are removed topics from the chemistry syllabus from 2021?
- Ans. The deleted topics are discussed above. The maximum topics are deleted from Unit 5, Unit 10, and Unit 11.
- From where can I download the Chemistry Class 11 CBSE.
- Ans. VSI coaching institute in India is the best website for all the latest updates on the program, question papers, results of class XI and XII of the CBSE board.
- How many chapters are deleted in the Chemistry Class 11 CBSE syllabus?
- Ans. Only the environmental chemistry chapter of unit 14 is completely deleted from the curriculum. Only a few topics are deleted from the rest of the parts. Students can check the deleted topics from above There were 14 chapters in the Chemistry syllabus but for 2021 last part Environmental Chemistry is simply deleted.