The most important topic nowadays in the world of security is the concept of reverse engineering because this has been perfectly exploited by the hackers to ethically enter into the applications of the organisations of the competitors. Hence, on the other hand, because of the technological advancements it has become very much easy to narrow down the coding element of the mobile application, especially in cases of android apps. So, to get rid of all these kinds of issues it is very much important for the organisations to be clear about multiple technicalities of dealing with reverse engineering with the utilisation of different kinds of technicalities from the very beginning.
The Reverse engineering technique will be including the extraction of the coding element in different kinds of resources from the APK file which could cause different kinds of issues in the whole process. So, reform in this particular system is considered to be a great idea for the whole system so that there is no chance of any kind of problem and numerous tools can be implemented by the companies throughout the process.
Following are some of the most important tips and tricks to be taken into consideration by people in terms of preventing and protecting the applications from the concept of reverse engineering:
- Introducing the Proguard assistance: Introduction of this particular concept is considered to be an open-source cross-platform in Java which will be helpful in terms of ensuring the comprehensive security of the applications. This is the command-line tool that will be shrinking, optimising and obfuscating the pre-verification into the coding element and further will be helpful in terms of providing them with multiple benefits in the long run. The shrinking method will be dealing with the identification of the unused classes, fields, methods and attributes of the things, optimisation will be helpful in terms of providing people with analysis and optimising of the code and the obfuscation will be helpful in terms of dealing with the short meaningless names given to the rest of classes, field and methods. Pre-verification in this particular area will be very much helpful in terms of providing people with access to the information required by Java and other available options. So, it is very much vital for the companies to become very much accurate in terms of their approaches in this case.
- Saving the important coding chunks on the server: Another very important aspect which the organisations need to focus on in terms of preventing the applications from reversing engineering is to remove the coding element from the application and move into any other kind of Web service which has been encrypting it properly. For example, any sort of company which is having a unique code or algorithm in their application will not be allowing the hackers to steal the code. This will be helpful in terms of simply preventing the things by simply shifting the coding element or algorithm to the remote server so that understanding of the things can be given a great boost.
- Using the C language in C++ for writing the codes: The introduction of the best possible type of mechanism associated with the C++ language is considered to be a great idea because the coding in Java will be very much easy to be understood. The developers over here need to be clear about the NDK and other associated things so that they will be able to deal with the things with complied library very well and further everyone will be able to enjoy protection from reverse engineering. In this case, there will be no chance of any kind of time-consuming element or cumbersome element because everything will be undertaken with a very high level of effectiveness.
- The companies should be careful at the time of dealing with SSL: At the time of interacting with the server and the device, the developers will be normally using the concept of SSL so that there will be better security of the coding element in the whole process. There are several other kinds of methods to be taken into consideration in the whole process as well which is the main reason that is very much clear about the SSL socket factory interface is important to avoid any kind of issue. This particular concept will be leading to different heads of technicalities in the whole process so that valuable data will be easily made available without any kind of issue.
- Avoiding the storage of values in the raw format: For different kinds of storing of the value, it is very much important for people to be clear about the basic raw format in the whole system so that value of the user balance will be understood very easily without any kind of problem. Storing out the things into multiple algorithms is very much advisable for the individuals so that there is no chance of any kind of hassle in the whole process and everything will be understood very easily and successfully.
- Security of the user credentials: It is very much important for people to be clear about the security of the user credentials and avoiding of the reverse engineering in this particular case so that frequency can be understood very easily and further people will be able to deal with the things in a very well-planned manner. Username and password in this particular area should never be stored on the device and further, people should complete the initial authorization of the systems to automate the authentication process from day one.
Apart from the above-mentioned point utilisation of the hashing algorithm and avoiding the concept of application programming interface key is important for the companies so that they can become very much clear about how to protect app from reverse engineering. Paying attention to the above-mentioned points is considered to be a great idea so that everything will be implemented very well and database encryption will be understood without any kind of issue.