Yes, with UAN Login you can see what’s wrong with your EPF account. There you can check your account balance and other details. Have you been getting trouble checking your account balance, do UAN Login and see whether the contact details are correct? Because if they are not, you could be in trouble and someone else who gets your previous mobile number assigned can access your account. To protect yourself from such fraudulent account transactions keep track of your EPF status. Keep reading this page below and learn what more you can do with UAN Login.
What are the Common Issues with EPF Accounts?
As you know EPF account is opened for employees working in both government and private sectors. This account acts as a cushion ahead of time. The employee’s pension money gets saved in this account which they can withdraw later in life. So, if you are an account holder, you need to stay up to date with the EPF terms and conditions.
UAN and Aadhaar Link are Mandatory
As EPFO Launches online receipt of Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) now employers need to register their establishments and create their user id and password through this EPFO Unified Portal. The registered employers should upload the Electronic Return and upon completion of that, the same will be displayed through a digitally signed copy in a PDF format. It can also be printed.
Once approved by the employer the online Challan will be popped on the basis of the uploaded return. This payment can be done through internet banking of SBI or take a printout of the Challan and pay at any designated branch of the State Bank of India (SBI).
As per Section 142 of the Code on Social Security, 2020, ECR is allowed to be filed only for those members whose Aadhar is seeded and verified with the UAN.
Therefore, if you haven’t, link your Aadhaar number to the UAN to avail uninterrupted services of the EPFO account. You can validate the Aadhaar with UAN through the online e-KYC facility available on the Unified Portal M, as well as the UMANG App, just do UAN Login to keep your account up to date.
File a Nominee for Smooth PF Account Functioning
EPFO has made it mandatory for the account holders to have a nominee. You can see the e-Nomination tool at the Unified Portal Member as you do UAN Login. For the e-Nomination functionality take care of the following :
- Your UAN number should be activated, so if it is not, do the same now
- Verified Aadhaar number should be linked with your UAN number
- Your mobile number should be linked with Aadhaar
- Your photo should be in the profile of the Unified Portal Member (you have an option to upload the photo in the profile section)
- Aadhaar number of all your family members in nomination is mandatory
- Aadhaar based e-Sign is required in e-nomination
- A digitally signed nomination PDF will be available when you do UAN Login
Process for Filing of e-Nomination
Visit the Unified Portal Member on your smartphone or laptop and follow the steps shown below –
- Do UAN Login using your UAN number and password
- Click on the ‘Manage’ button and select ‘E-nomination’ from the drop-down
- Enter a permanent and current address and click on the ‘save’ button
- After that select the ‘yes’ option for having a family if you do. Otherwise, click on the ‘no’ option
- Enter your family details by clicking on the ‘Add’ button
- Upload Aadhar and Photos of all family members
- Click on ‘Save family details’
- Select EPF nominations details from the family members, enter a percentage, and click on the ‘Save EPF nomination’.
- After completion of the e-nomination, the system will prompt for EPS nomination
- So, finalize the nomination by e-Sign. For this create a virtual ID by visiting UIDAI’s official Website.
- After the e-Sign has been successfully done, nomination details can be viewed in PDF format
You can maintain your EPF account only if you had done UAN Activation. Otherwise, you won’t be able to use these online services of EPFO. So, if you haven’t done it yet, visit the Unified Portal and do the same to solve your account problems. This way the PF account will run smoothly.