What is Hypertension and why it is bad?
Hypertension is a condition that gives rise to a multitude of other health conditions significantly deteriorating a person’s quality of life. Following are the conditions that may arise as a complication of hypertension and so it is particularly important to combat this disease:
- Heart diseases
Controlling blood pressure requires making lifestyle changes on an everyday basis and keeping in check all the factors contributing to it. Eating healthy is one of the most effective ways to control blood pressure.
Hypertension or raised blood pressure is widely known to cause erectile dysfunction. A study published in the Journal of Urology on hypertensive men found out 68% of them had some level of ED and out of these 45% had severe ED. Patients with hypertension fail to dilate their penile arteries resulting in a lack of blood flowing into the spongy tissues of the penis. This leads to difficulty in maintaining an erection. Hypertensive patients may also have low testosterone giving rise to ED.
Following Are The Certain Foods That Are Notorious In Maintaining Blood Pressure:
- OLIVE OIL: considered one of the healthiest eatables is known to keep blood pressure under control and other diseases at bay. Substituting olive oil with vegetable oil in cooking can bring quite a difference.
- FATTY FISH, FLAXSEEDS: fatty fish like salmon, mackerel and flaxseeds are all high in omega3 fatty acids, a nutrient that decreases blood pressure.
- POMEGRANATES, BERRIES: both these fruits go hand in hand in smoothies, fruit salads and are one of the best foods to lower blood pressure.
- POTASSIUM RICH FOODS: foods like bananas, kale, spinach come packed with potassium, a mineral that causes the excretion of sodium in urine keeping blood pressure within limits.
- DARK CHOCOLATE: hitting two birds with one stone, dark chocolate is both flavourful and beneficial for cardiovascular health.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction(ED) more commonly referred to as impotence is one of the most prevalent conditions seen by clinicians. It can lead to low self-esteem in men and be a cause for their unsatisfactory romantic life.ED is basically the failure of the penis to maintain an erection to successfully perform coitus. Causative factors can both be physical like cardiovascular diseases, smoking, multiple sclerosis, etc., and psychological.
The Physiology of Erection
When a man is excited, nerve signals from the brain cause the penile arteries to dilate. Arterial blood fills the spongy spaces, called the corpora cavernosa to get filled with blood. The filling of these spaces compresses the venous channels that drain the arterial blood. Lack of arterial blood drainage makes the penis becomes hard and stiff. After the act of coitus, decompression of the veins drains the arterial blood making the penis flaccid again.
Treatment for this condition may sometimes only require stress-relieving therapies while other times require the use of pills, treating any underlying medical condition, etc.
The most effective treatment is the use of pills. These pills namely, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil, Kamagra 100mg have been of great help to men. These pills are phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors that inhibit the enzyme phosphodiesterase-5 leading to increased levels of nitric oxide in the arterial walls and the spongy tissues of the penis. Increased levels of nitric oxide dilate the penile arterioles and the spongy spaces so that blood can be filled in these spaces making the penis erect long enough for intercourse to take place.
Opting for a healthier lifestyle by exercising regularly, eating healthy can bring a remarkable change in our life and keep a lot of diseases away.