An American company named Southwestern Bell Corporation, abbreviated as SBC, initially offered SBCGlobal email. SBC later merged with AT&T and still functions as a subsidiary of AT&T. All email IDs made with SBC’s domain have migrated to the AT&T Yahoo! Service. All new sign-ups are made under Yahoo’s domain; all you need to do to make an ID is provide our name, desired email address, and a password for the service. Accessing SBC email ID is possible on browser, iPhone, and Android phones, making it user-friends and more manageable. However, some users face SBCGlobal’s functionality issues like SBCGlobal email not working on iPhone, especially. We have curated this blog for you to solve such problems. You can find relevant solutions in this blog.
Common Reasons For SBCGLOBAL Email Not Working
Before we move on to the solutions for such problems, you must know the reasons for these issues. The causes for SBCGlobal email not working are as follow:
- Poor internet connection
- Inappropriate browser settings
- Antivirus or antispyware Interruption
- Faulty add-ons or extensions
- SBCGlobal Server issues
- Outdated browser
- Incorrect date and time on your computer
- Incorrect login credentials
- iPhone settings issues
Given the causes above, we must move on to the solutions for SBCGlobal’s functionality issues.
STEPS TO FIX SBCGLOBAL EMAIL NOT WORKING ON IPHONE
Below are the steps to fix the SBC email not working on iPhone. Please read all actions carefully and implement them according to see best results.
- Open your iPhone’s settings and tap on the Mail option
- When the Mail option opens, tap on Accounts to see all accounts configured on your iPhone
- Tap on Add Accounts option and then select the Other option
- Locate and tap on Add Mail Account
- Enter the name and description to add an account
- Provide your SBCGlobal email address and password in the appropriate field
- Go to the POP settings placed at the top of the screen
- POP settings should be as mentioned below:
- The incoming mail server should be added as inbound.att.net
- Enter the email address and password for the SBCGlobal account
- Set outgoing mail server as outbound.att.net
- And enter the email address and password for the SBCGlobal account again under this server
- Now click on Save and SBCGlobal account to configure on iPhone
OTHER SOLUTIONS TO FIX SBCGLOBAL NOT WORKING ON IPHONE
If the above settings do not fix SBCGlobal email not working on iPhone, you can try the solutions mentioned below.
- Restart your iPhone to reset the settings
- Remove and re-add your SBCGlobal email account on your Mail application
- Ensure that the password you are entering is correct
- Check the SSL verification
- Clear all reserved data from your mail application
Now that we know how to fix the SBCGlobal email not working problem let’s move on to the next issue.
STEPS TO FIX SBCGLOBAL EMAIL LOGIN PROBLEMS ON WINDOWS
Login problems with SBCGlobal can vary from error to error, while the most common issue remains ‘invalid username or password’ or ‘incorrect username or password’. To fix such SBCGlobal login problems, follow the solutions mentioned below.
CHECK SBCGLOBAL SERVER STATUS
The first solution is to check the SBCGlobal server on websites like Downdetector.in. To check the server, follow the steps below:
- Open the browser on your computer and enter Downdetector.in
- Click on the search bar when the webpage opens and type the domain of your SBCglobal email address
- Downdetector lets you know whether or not the website is down; likewise, it will tell you if SBCGlobal’s server is down
ENSURE CORRECT CREDENTIALS
The second solution is to ensure that you are entering the correct email address and password. As obvious as it sounds, it is essential to eliminate primary causes before you move on to fixing significant issues with SBCGlobal login problems.
At times, email logins fail due to unstable or poor internet connection. Hence, it is good to check your internet connection before you log in to your account. You can connect your device to a more stable internet network.
OPTIMIZE WEB BROWSER
The following solution for SBCGlobal login problems is to optimize your web browser by clearing your browser history, cache, and cookies. To optimize your web browser (Google Chrome), follow the steps below.
- Open Google Chrome on your computer
- Click on the three parallel lines placed at the top0right corner and select Settings
- Click on the advanced tab and then select the Reset option from the drop-down list
You can disable the firewall on your operating systems. To disable the firewall, imply the following steps:
- Open the control panel on your computer or desktop
- Go to the Windows Firewall option
- Next, click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off
- Please turn it off and click on the OK button to finally disable the firewall
Once you finish completing disabling the firewall, open SBCGlobal and see if it’s working fine now.
RECOVER OR RESET PASSWORD
The following solution for login issues is to reset or recover your password. You can reset your password and try logging into your account again to see if the problem resolves. To reset the password, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the sign-in page and enter your correct credentials
- Click on the Forgot password option to land on a new page
- Choose the “I’ll answer my security question” reset option amongst other options
- Provide the correct answer to the security question and click on Continue
- Please enter your new password and then re-enter it to confirm
- Click on Continue, and it will reset your password
You can log into your account using the new password and see if your SBCGlobal login issues resolve. You can find more information in our other blogs. We provide proper instructions with a step-by-step guide for your queries and questions. The instructions are easy to follow and can be performed without any expertise.