High-speed internet and maximum coverage are the basic requirements of internet users. In today’s era, we want everything rapid and powerful. Linksys routers have exactly all those features users look for. Any technology or internet solution is hardly untouched by Linksys. Powerful routers fulfill all the user requirements and even they are most appreciated by game lovers.
Linksys offers all solutions and incomparable range to meet all user’s requirements, from small homes to large enterprises all technologies can be found under one brand. Following are the variants:
- Single-Band Router (Supports 2.4Ghz)
- Dual-Band Router (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz)
- Tri-Band Router (Supports all wireless frequencies)
- Mesh Networking Wi-Fi 6 Technology (For ultimate coverage and internet speed)
How to Setup Linksys Router
The router setup process is simple and requires a laptop or computer. Follow the below-mentioned instructions to setup the router properly.
- 1st unbox the router and attach the antennas with it. Grab the router near to the modem.
- Now, unplug and disconnect the old router from the modem.
- Attach the new router to the modem using the Ethernet cable. Use the uplink port of the router and any 1st Ethernet port of the modem for the connection between them.
- Turn on the router and connect the router to the laptop or computer using another Ethernet cable. Any other port on the router can be used other than the uplink port for the connection with the laptop.
- Once all the connections are made. Open a browser on a laptop like Google Chrome or Edge and surf the default IP of the router.
- The default IP 192 168 1 1 will prompt the Linksys Router Setup Page and asks for the username and password to begin the setup.
- Enter the default username and password to login into the setup page.
- On successful authentication, the setup page appears and different options will be visible.
- Select the MAC address clone from the setup menu and then click on Clone my Pc’s MAC.
- Now click on the Status option and further look for the IP address.
- If the IP address has some value it means the router is setup and if not, click on release IP and a new IP will be allocated to the router by the modem.
This is how to setup the Linksys router using an Ethernet cable. It can also be setup using the Linksys App if a computer or laptop is not available. Till now, the router is setup and can be used for Ethernet connections, to use the wifi the router wifi networks are 1st needed to be configured. Linksys router wifi setup and Linksys Router Login can be done using the same page and here are the steps:
How to Setup Linksys Router WI-FI
- Once the router is setup and it shows the IP address under the status option, the wireless can be setup
- On the same page look for the wireless option and click on it.
- Select the Manual from the drop-down list.
- Now enter the network ID (SSID), channels, channel width, and enable the SSID.
- This will enable the wireless network and that password can be set or changed in the same wireless option.
For a dual-band router, 2 different SSID can be setup and different passwords for each of them. Linksys routers are the best in class to manage all the internet requirements. They are powerful devices and can be used for 4k, 8k Videos, Game consoles, DVR, etc. Setup and management are easy and handly. Routers have all advanced security features and even support the Alexa Wi-fi.
Linksys Velop is a next-gen device, loaded with all modern and ultimate features. Incredible internet speed, coverage, and security features, everything is just in one device.
Hope this article helped to setup the router. If anything is still unanswered, feel free to reach our experts for professional resolution.