There are millions of netizens across the globe. Some of them love to watch the latest web series under the sun in their backyard or courtyard and some likes to stream the latest web series in their living room or bedroom. Considering this, we recommend you to perform Netgear extender setup for blazing-fast internet in every nook and cranny of your house.
Wondering how to setup Netgear extender? Wonder no more! We’ve got you covered! In this post, we have mentioned 3 easy methods through which you can easily setup Netgear extender and get the internet access throughout your home. Let’s get started, shall we?
Different Methods to Perform Netgear Extender Setup
The 3 easy methods through which you can set up your Netgear extender in a hassle-free way are listed below:
- By using the Netgear Genie app
- By pressing the WPS button
- By using the manual method
Netgear Extender Setup Using the WPS Button
Here are the step-by-step instructions that you need to follow in order to set up your Netgear extender using the WPS method:
Note: Before applying this method, ensure that your Netgear extender, router, PC or laptop consists of the WPS button.
- First and foremost, plug your Netgear WiFi range extender into a working wall outlet and turn it on.
- Place your Netgear range extender and router in close proximity.
- Look for the WPS button on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Once found, push it gently.
- Hold the Netgear extender’s WPS button till the WPS LED starts blinking.
- Release the button.
- After that, push the WPS button on your router.
That’s it! You have successfully set up your Netgear extender using the WPS button. If you want, you can relocate your Netgear extender.
Netgear Extender Setup Using the Netgear Genie App
Make sure your router is connected to the Internet and make a note of the router’s SSID and password.
- Power on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Wait for the extender’s power LED to be solid green.
- Connect your Netgear extender with your main router.
- On your iOS or Android mobile device, go to the App Store or Play Store, search for Netgear Genie app.
- Once found, download and install it on your device.
- Connect your iOS or Android device to the extender’s WiFi network.
- Launch the Netgear Genie app.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the app to set up your Netgear extender with ease.
Netgear Extender Setup Using the Manual Method
Another easy method to set up your Netgear WiFi range extender is by using the manual method. Walk through the instructions highlighted below to set up your Netgear extender using the manual method:
- Plug in your Netgear extender near to your router.
- Connect your router and Netgear WiFi extender in a wireless manner.
- Open your PC or laptop and connect it to the Netgear extender’s SSID.
- Then, pull up a web browser of your choice.
- Hover your mouse cursor over the browser’s address bar and type www.mywifiext.net.
- Click on New Extender Setup.
- Enter your extender’s admin name and password.
- Click on Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the extender’s WiFi network and enjoy accessing the blazing-fast internet in every corner of your house.
- Use the routerlogin-net password in order to connect your router to the extender.
That’s all! You have successfully configured your Netgear extender using the manual method.
Now, you can connect multiple devices with your Netgear WiFi range extender and enjoy accessing the internet without any fear of signal drop or buffering. On the off chance if you get stuck at any point, feel free to contact our competent technical experts any time of the day or night.