Among the most widely accepted approaches for ensuring that an organization thrives in this digital age, the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is one of the most widely accepted approaches.
To succeed at transformation, the entire organization must understand, embrace, and apply Lean-Agile mindset & principles to adapt rapidly to changing markets and new opportunities. SAFe enables organizations to do so efficiently and effectively and simultaneously helping to adapt to the required changes.
The Scaled Agile Framework provides relevant training for all the roles necessary to ensure agility in an organization. SAFe is a data-driven framework, and is considered one of the first steps in helping senior management, change agents, and technical professionals learn how to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise.
You also need to understand some of the underlying principles of the SAFe framework, which involve Agile development, systems thinking, lean, and product development flow, among others.
How Long Does the Training for SAFe Certification Last?
The SAFe Agilist Certification exam has been based on version 4.6 of SAFe. But, the most recent version of SAFe, which is a two-day course will prepare you for the SAFe Agilist Certification exam. As a candidate in the preparation class, you will receive the following benefits:
- This course will give you an understanding of the five competencies of the Lean Enterprise.
- As a Manager-Teacher, you can become a Lean-thinking professional.
- You will be taught how to apply the principles and values of the Lean-Agile Mindset.
- SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles could also be applied to SAFe’s roles and practices to develop a Lean and Agile approach.
- You can create high-performance teams and training programs by setting a clear mission and purpose.
- You will lead the implementation of SAFe following the roadmap.
- You will assist with the PI Planning process and events associated with successfully executing the program.
- The Continuous Delivery Pipeline can assist you in driving Release on Demand in your organization.
- By combining Strategic Themes with Lean Portfolio Management, you will learn how to align your strategy and execute it.
- With every Agile Release Train you coordinate, one or more suppliers make up the Solution Train.
This is a two-day course designed to prepare you for implementing SAFe. Through the use of the Scaled Agile Framework, and its underlying principles, candidates will acquire the necessary knowledge to administer a Lean-Agile organization. In addition to Lean, Agile, product development flow, and DevOps, these principles are based on Lean, Agile, and Product Development. For your organization to become a Lean Enterprise, you must develop the five core competencies necessary for the process. The candidates will be allowed to learn, practice, and support PI Planning events and organize numerous Agile Release Trains (ARTs) in addition to supporting and executing PI Planning.
SAFe 4 Agilists are in demand worldwide. By taking SAFe Agilist Certification, candidates will acquire a skill set that meets global needs and equip their enterprise to be successful in a disrupting market.
Who Should Attend This Training?
Several individuals acquire the SAFe Agilist Certification and are interested in taking this course. However, this course is open to anyone interested in learning how to lead Lean-Agile organizations and would like to gain knowledge in this area. To become a more developed Lean-Agile leader, everyone, from practitioners to executives, will advance from attending this course.
If you aspire to work in an organization and want to learn more about the Lean-Agile mindset, you can participate in this training program. A team manager, product manager, development manager, and project manager are among the many developers, architects, analysts, and testers working on the project.
Preparation Strategies and Study Resources for Exams
The Knowledgehut SAFe platform has a link on the site that offers you the possibility of downloading the course materials right from the platform. You can use these materials to refer to the information presented during the class.
As soon as the course is completed, the students will have access to the learning plan, which consists of:
- This comprehensive guide contains all the information you need about the job role and how it relates to the exam, along with a detailed reading list.
- A practice test that allows you to see which questions you have difficulty answering, how much time you need to complete each question, and the difficulty level. In the SAFe Community Platform, this course is part of the Learning Plan and can be taken as often as possible without incurring costs.
Note: Taking this exam is not a guarantee of success on the certification exam, and passing it does not guarantee a good score on the certification exam.
You will find a web-based, flashcard-style version of the example questions you can use to prepare for the exam, online and in the study guide.
How Does SAFe Agilist Certification Help?
Even though Agile methods have been proven to be highly effective when applied to smaller teams, the majority of organizations need to collaborate with multiple teams, communicate across numerous systems, and work across geographical boundaries to succeed. Consequently, Agile must be implemented throughout the enterprise for improved quality products, faster delivery times, and quicker response times to customer queries within the enterprise. As far as Agile transformation at a large scale is concerned, it is important to know that it is prone to failure as many factors can determine its success or failure, such as using the wrong processes and structures that can result in a loss of the implementation.
There is a SAFe methodology for large-scale Agile project teams that can guide them through seamlessly transforming from a traditional approach into an Agile one. To achieve such a change, the first step is to apply Lean/Agile principles and practices across all levels of an organization to create lasting change. Using SAFe® methodology, multiple Agile teams can effortlessly be aligned, collaborated, and delivered efficiently, enabling enterprises to reach their goals and achieve their objectives. There have been many new developments in the latest release of SAFe®, including increased advancements in strategy, execution, and leadership competencies that will aid individuals and organizations in delivering innovative business solutions.
The demand for Leading SAFe® is rising in the US, as more than 70% of Fortune 100 companies are actively using SAFe® to implement their business transformation activities. As a member of Scaled Agile, Inc. – a globally recognized accreditation body – you will be awarded the Leading SAFe® 5.1 certification. This certification will allow you to gain a significant competitive advantage over your peers and take control of the business’s Agile transformation.
Certification Kit for SAFe
As a reward for passing the certification exam, candidates will receive the following:
- Certification as a SAFe 4 Agilist.
- A digital badge to promote your achievements.
- A year-long membership in the SAFe-Agile Community of Practice, where you can access all the SAFe-Agile resources.
- Using the SA certification marks as part of a certification use guide.
- SAFe Certified Professionals can access various resources that will help them learn and support them during their journey to becoming certified.
The prerequisites are:
There is no restriction on the number of participants, regardless of their experience level. The prerequisites mentioned, however, should be considered for those intending to appear for the SAFe 4 Agilist (SA) exam if you want to get the best chance of passing.
- Ideally, the candidate must have worked as a software developer, tester, business analyst, product manager, or a combination of these skills for over five years.
- Working knowledge of the Scrum methodology.
Details About the SAFe Exam
Following is a description of what the exam entails:
- Name: Exam for SAFe 4 Agilists
- Format: Multiple Choice Questions
- Delivery: Web-based, no outside assistance, closed book, single-browser, timed
- The SAFe Community Platform is where candidates can access the exam once they have completed the Leading SAFe course on the SAFe platform.
- Duration: The duration of the exam is 90 minutes without any breaks
- Number of Questions: The number of questions is 45 within 90 minutes
- Passing Score: A score of 34 out of 45 is considered to be a passing score, which is 75%
Overall, the Scaled Agile Framework was designed to cater to large organizations’ needs and deliver large solutions to these organizations. When you take the SAFe Agilist Certification, you can enable companies of a specific size to develop and deliver software in a much more agile manner as a result of adopting the SAFe methodology.
Q1. What does the SAFe Agile certification include?
The Scaled Agile Framework and SAFe® courses provide an overview of Lean-Agile methods and how to build a lean-agile mindset in your organization, and how to set up an Agile Portfolio and lead a Lean-Agile transformation.
Q2. Is SAFe Agilist a good certification?
Those in a position of leadership, such as program or project managers, Scrum masters, team leaders, release train engineers, or change agents, are ideal candidates for the SAFe Agilist certification.
Q3. Who can be a SAFe Agilist?
To become a SAFe Agilist, one must have at least 5 years of experience in the software industry. As part of the application process, candidates must pass a multiple-choice exam consisting of 90 questions in 90 minutes.