Our beloved furry babies bring us a great deal of joy, and we need no excuse to spoil them. Every dog owner would agree that a pup’s birthday is a significant occasion. When this special day is around the corner, we want to treat our little one to something special. It is the perfect time to remind your four-legged best friend how grateful you are for its companionship.
As no birthday is ever complete without a birthday cake, you can buy a dog birthday cake to celebrate your dog’s special day. They also make for an amazing photo op. You might wonder why these canine beings love cake so much?
Dogs love to eat cake because:
- It gives them a break from the monotony. You give your dog the same dry dog treats or dry kibble every day. Their little hearts crave variety sometimes. A fluffy, soft, and delicious cake with funky icing serves as fireworks for your little one’s taste buds.
- The dog cake tastes remarkable. The aroma, which is the prominent driving force for pups, the complexity, and the texture of the cake add to appeal.
- Your dog knows it is special. You might wonder how your dog is going to know that the cake is specially made for them? They will know through your body language, voice, and oozing energy. Imagine how excited you would be to bring home a birthday cake for your dear furbaby.
- It is the ideal social treat. Another great option is to get some dog-friendly cupcakes. You can invite your pup’s furry friends and set up a playdate for them. Who doesn’t love playtime with special treats?
While you want your dog to have a blast with their special treat, you want to make sure that you buy a cake that also offers nutritional value. Here we will walk you through some of the ingredients that go into making these delicious dog cakes and treats.
What Flour Type Do Dog Bakeries Use for A Dog Cake?
Dog bakeries are particularly selective with the kind of flour they use for dog cakes. Although flour is a prominent binding ingredient in dog biscuits and dry treats, not all flours are the same. These companies choose the flour that best suits your dog’s health.
White, all-purpose flour is a common option, but it doesn’t have the best nutritional value and is likely to be processed. Using whole grain flour is a much healthier alternative. Many dog bakeries also use non-grain flour in their cakes which is a great option if your dog is intolerant to wheat.
Some of the common non-grain flours include coconut flour, potato flour, lentil flour, almond flour, and chickpea flour. Whole-grain flours are not as processed as white flour and are more nutrient-rich. These include whole wheat, barley, oat, sorghum, and buckwheat.
What Other Ingredients Do Bakeries Use in Dog Cakes?
When your furbaby is a picky eater or is on a restrictive diet, it can be challenging to find a treat that is nutritional yet tasty. Fortunately, many dog bakeries use wholesome pooch-friendly ingredients that are just perfect for your little one. Let’s take a look at some common ingredients that go into making these scrumptious dog cakes.
- Pumpkin – It is a rich source of fiber, containing important minerals and vitamins such as vitamin C, A, E, iron, and potassium. It can give your pooch an instant burst of energy and also aids digestion.
- Carrots – These provide great favor and serve as a natural treat for your dog. Carrots are a great source of fiber, potassium, vitamin A, among other nutrients.
- Blueberries – These are some of the most nutrient-packed yet flavorful treats for your dogs. They are full of antioxidants, vitamins K and C, and fiber. Adding them to your dog’s birthday cake is the perfect way to keep him healthy and happy.
- Honey – It has great antifungal and antimicrobial properties. Honey is known to treat allergies, soothe stomach ulcers, and minimize inflammation. Being a natural sweetener, it can be a flavorful frosting option for dog birthday cakes.
- Natural Peanut Butter – It is an excellent source of healthy fats, vitamins E, B, and protein. Natural and unsalted peanut butter makes for a delicious frosting for your dog’s birthday cake.
- Sweet Potato Puree – Adding sweet potato to your dog’s cake or treat is going to be an excellent nutrition and flavor boost. It is safe, healthy, and most dogs love it as a treat.
- Cinnamon – It is an aromatic and flavorful spice that is rich in anti-inflammatory properties. Cinnamon is a great ingredient for dog cakes and treats, especially if your pup is aging or has arthritis.
Find a dog bakery that uses organic and nutrient-rich ingredients. More than anything else, your furbaby deserves quality food where each bite is made from real ingredients and exciting flavors. Whether it is your pup’s birthday, graduation from training school, adoption day, or any special occasion, dog cakes can do the trick.
Ashley Paige is a passionate service-focused content creator. Her love for dogs translates into her work. Whether you want to buy a dog birthday cake or want to get an insight into home décor, she covers all things lifestyle.