You can connect any device to Windows 10 PC through Bluetooth without using a wire. Using Bluetooth has become very common these days. It is simple to use. It has been designed in a manner that it works easily on Windows 10 PC. If it doesn’t work well, in that case you can look for some serious solutions.
List of Seven Common Bluetooth Issues and their Solutions
Through this article, you will learn about some common Bluetooth issues along with their solutions.
1. Check if the Bluetooth is enabled:
The most common mistake all Bluetooth users make is, they forget to check the Bluetooth settings. At the bottom right of your Windows 10 desktop, go to the Windows notification icon. Now click on it and it will expand. Your Bluetooth radio is off, if you see the box indicating the Bluetooth symbol goes gray in color. If it’s blue, Bluetooth radio is on. It will also indicate the number of devices that are connected with your PC.
2. Install and update the Bluetooth driver:
To avoid common Bluetooth issues, you should download a generic Bluetooth radio driver for Windows 10, if it is not there. Absence of this Bluetooth driver in your Windows 10 PC may be one of the reasons behind any Bluetooth problem. You can download and install Generic Bluetooth drivers by selecting any of the options. Like,
- Go to the manufacturer’s site, you can update the Generic Bluetooth Driver.
- Go to the Device Manager, you can choose to update the Generic Bluetooth Driver.
- You can download the Generic Bluetooth driver by clicking on the Windows Update option.
- You can also update the Generic Bluetooth Driver automatically.
However, downloading Bluetooth drivers from the manufacturer’s site or device manager can be very time consuming. Therefore, it is recommended that you download the generic Bluetooth driver using the Bit Driver Updater. It is one of the best driver update software that is available in the market.
3. Remove outdated Bluetooth drivers:
If you are still using an old or outdated Bluetooth driver, remove it from your Windows 10 PC. Because, using such drivers causes serious Bluetooth issues. There are various ways to remove a Bluetooth driver that is creating problems.
A. Use a Device Manager:
Step 1. You can open the Device Manager by clicking on the Win + R key on your keyboard. Then type devmgmt.msc.
Step 2. Select the Bluetooth driver that you want to update. Then select the update option by right-clicking on it.
Step 3. Now, click on the option, ‘search automatically for updated driver software’.
This is how you can remove the outdated Bluetooth driver. This will help in solving Bluetooth issues. Removing them also helps in enhancing the overall performance of your PC.
B. Use Driver Updater:
You can update your Bluetooth driver manually. But this may take a lot of your time. This method is costly as well. Therefore, it’s better to select a driver updater tool. You can choose the driver updater tool of your choice. Any best driver updater you choose, will help you in scanning and removing the outdated Bluetooth driver.
4. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on:
- Go to the Taskbar. You will see an option, ’Action center’. You will see the ‘Bluetooth’ option there. Select it and turn it on. You will see a ‘connected’ message, after your Windows 10 PC has been connected to a Bluetooth device.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option. Click on the ‘Devices’ option. Now click on the ‘Bluetooth and other devices’ option. Turn on the Bluetooth device.
5. Check the Bluetooth device:
Turn off the Bluetooth device for a while and turn it on again, if you are facing any Bluetooth issue. It may solve your problem. Sometimes, your Bluetooth device stops responding or becomes sluggish. In such a situation, check that your Bluetooth device is in range or not. If it is too close to any other USB device, this may cause problems with your Bluetooth connectivity.
6. Check Bluetooth device battery levels:
Another important thing to keep in mind is, don’t forget to check the battery level of the Bluetooth device. There should be sufficient battery in the Bluetooth device you are connecting with your Windows 10 PC. There is a constant need to recharge or replace the battery of the Bluetooth device. If this is not done, it may lead to various Bluetooth issues.
7. Check your Windows 10 PC:
You can also opt to restart your Windows 10 PC. Shutdown your PC for a while. Turn it on again. This may solve the Bluetooth connectivity issue. Also check other things simultaneously. Like, if the airplane mode is off or not. If it is turned on you can do the following:
- Go to the start option. Then select the Settings option. You can click on the Network and Internet option. Now click on the Airplane mode. Check whether the Airplane mode is on or off.
Hope the methods above will surely help you out in improving your Bluetooth connection. You can try any method of your choice. If one doesn’t work, try the other one. But one thing is for sure, one or the other method will definitely help you out in solving any Bluetooth issue. So don’t hesitate. Just go ahead with your choice.