Are you looking to reset your Orbi? There could be many reasons shoving you to do that and with that, there are different methods available to perform Orbi factory reset.
Here in this post, you will learn about how to factory reset an Orbi using soft reset where you’ll need to access your Orbi dashboard. Then there’s a hard reset method that enables you to factory reset your Orbi with the press of a button. Lastly, you can take your Orbi back to defaults using the Orbi app.
This guide will run you through all the methods one by one. Best of all, it doesn’t matter which Orbi model you have, the Orbi factory reset methods will work for all. Let’s start now!
How to Hard Reset and Orbi Router?
If your Orbi is not responding to any of your commands, this is the easiest solution one can execute. As all you need to do is press the Reset button on your Orbi. This is something you can when your Orbi is not functioning properly and you just need to quickly reset it to factory defaults. To execute this:
- Check if your Orbi is powered up and the LED ring on it is lit.
- Now, press the physical Reset button on your Orbi.
- The position of the button may vary, so check all sides of your device to locate the Reset button.
- Your Orbi will restart.
With that, you’ve completed the Orbi factory reset using the hard reset method.
How to Soft Reset an Orbi Router?
Another method you can use to reset Orbi is by accessing the orbilogin page. For this, here are the steps to be followed:
- Make sure your Orbi is connected to your modem.
- Now, on your computer, open a web browser that is running the latest software version.
- Next, enter the orbilogin.net web address in the address bar of your browser and press the Enter key.
- This will ask you to type in your Orbi login username and password.
- Enter the details in the respective fields and proceed further by selecting the Log In option.
- As soon as you complete the step, you will see yourself on the dashboard of your Orbi.
- Here, head towards the settings of your device and check for the Reset option.
- Once found, select it.
- You will then be asked to confirm your selection.
- Hit YES to confirm the selection and make all the changes effective.
- You Orbi will now restart!
This is how you can complete the Orbi reset process via Orbilogin.net.
How to Reset Orbi using Orbi App?
Last but not least, this method is most convenient to execute for those having the Orbi app installed on their devices. To start with:
- Make sure the Orbi app you have on your smartphone is recent.
- Launch the app now.
- If you have created a Netgear Orbi account earlier, then use the same details.
- Else, create a new account and log in to your Orbi via the app.
- Navigate to the left corner of your app and tap the three dots.
- You will list showing various functionalities.
- From that, choose the Orbi Reset option.
Selecting it, you will be able to complete the Orbi factory reset process.
These all are the ways to reset an Orbi to factory defaults. After resetting your Orbi, however, you are advised to follow proper Orbi setup steps for making your device working again. Without reconfiguration of your Orbi, you would not be able to use the internet for streaming, surfing, or gaming.
Do let us know in the comments section which method you found the most convenient to take your Orbi back to the state when it was new. See ya!